Turbo Ranger Forums  

Go Back   Turbo Ranger Forums > Under the Hood > Turbo Diesel
Googlemap ME
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Award Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
AJ_Fritz
TRF Tech Advisor Weld/fab

Userid: 492
Default isuzu 2.2L c201....

somehow i picked one of these up for next to nothing. its in really good shape was thinking of putting it in a ranger, if i can make 150hp, and 200ft/p out of it.

the guy before me that owned it never had it running but bought it from a guy that was a diesel mechanic and said it was a very good engine when pulled from service out of a wrecked Reffer. its been sitting under a bench for at least 15 years. clean all the holes plugged. i don't know a whole lot about it other then it was built for ThemoKing. originally built as a stationary power plant for use in refrigeration units and generators.

the reason i'm having all these bad thought is its already got a transmission adapter plate on it. would be so easy to adapt over to a lima m5od. put an ihi on it and rework the fuel pump. would still need an oil on it and engine mounts.

i seen a pulling tractor with one on it but was so disappointed in its performance that i didn't really look into it far enough. it was really used up don't think is was the engines fault. if heard they go 20,000 hours before a rebuild.

anyone have any other info?

Need to keep your Air Conditioning or dont want to modify your heater box on a 1983-2001 Ranger check here for all the details!

It's the one and only way to turbocharge your Ranger and keep your factory A/C without modifying the heater/AC box and keeping the durability of a factory Ford E6(1986) turbocharger manifold.
AJ_Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote