Turbo Ranger Forums  

Go Back   Turbo Ranger Forums > Drag Racing > Drag Racing
Googlemap ME
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Award Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #101
dangeranger93
"that guy"

Userid: 709

good luck. if i do get around to welding a rear im might try to go out again 1 more time this year to see how it does with a little more traction

93 Ranger: Parted out
Never Ending Project Part 1

01 Ranger: Build in progress
Never Ending Project Part 2

91 ranger: First ever Duratec 4x4, N/A 2.5 for now, Tube frame, homebuilt 4x4 transmission, Microsquirt with slot maf, D30 SAS, explorer 8.8, 33's
Bad Decisions

How to Microsquirt a Duratec or Lima PICS UPDATED
M5OD Rebuild info
Wiring Diagrams PICS UPDATED

I can build Log manifolds for Limas and Duratecs pm if interested, Also working on some Duratec parts PM as well
dangeranger93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #102
jfive
The Patient Ninja

Userid: 878

should be night and day for ya. Before I had mine done, if I floored it I would spin for three telephone poles, and after it would spin for no more than a few feet. Good luck.
1984 Ford Ranger 2.3 one barrel. 5speed. long box waiting for 351w, turbo.
jfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #103
dangeranger93
"that guy"

now i just gotta worry about the clutch slippin now haha, it already does now, once i get the tires hooking up im sure the clutch is gonna be toast

91 ranger: First ever Duratec 4x4, N/A 2.5 for now, Tube frame, homebuilt 4x4 transmission, Microsquirt with slot maf, D30 SAS, explorer 8.8, 33's
Bad Decisions

M5OD Rebuild info

I can build Log manifolds for Limas and Duratecs pm if interested, Also working on some Duratec parts PM as well
Old 10-04-2010, 02:19 AM   #104
Cutlass327
TRF Senior Member

Userid: 505

While you're under there, check the other weak points - u-joints.

78 CJ5 -> 88 MK7 ECU, 86 5.0 HO EFI, T177/D300, D30/D44, , York OBA, 2.5" lift, 31x10.5 BFG A/T tires.
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #105
tumuchNOS
TRF Member

Userid: 779

Not that I usually get involved with discussions, but I have built and tuned some pretty quick leaf spring cars/trucks. The last two 60 footed 1.40's consistantly with stock suspensions on MT drag radials (275 60 15's). The one lacking componet in this discussion and by far the most important thing on a leaf spring truck is pinion angle. This will make the biggest difference in 60 ft, as well as shifting traction in my experience. Drag radials (MT's) seem to like negative 4 to 6 degrees (aggressive track/street racing) of pinion angle (keep in mind trans output angle is part of that figure). You will need to do a burnout, despite what I have read here. 18 psi (depending on size of the tire) seems to be a good starting, point up or down .5 psi at a time (16 or 17 psi pre burnout). I would do your burnout in 2nd gear, hold the line lock till you start to see smoke and release the line lock and let the truck push out. It will bog when you launch, so you will have to learn how to walk out the clutch and keep the motor up in the RPM's (without a 2 step, otherwise change launch RPM with a 2 step). Depending on a million variables such as weight distibution, shock valving, spring rates, open or posi/spooled (welded diff?), and power torque you will see a significant improvement in your 60 ft times. Anything you pick up in the 60 ft will pay big dividends in 660ft and 330ft ET's. MPH not so much. The one draw back will be the truck will "wallow" on hard braking or decelleration if you use a ET street, Hoosier QTP, non radial slick, or even the sportsman PRO. These sidewalls are thin and when they are not loaded will squirm. Not a big deal if you don't panic and over correct. Sorry for going off, but this is something I have done since the 90's and have alot of actual experience with. I hate seeing people throw money at ineffective solutions. Tires will only make so much difference without a chassis set up to compliment them.
tumuchNOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #106
muddpawz
TRF Senior Member

Userid: 527

I'M good with that Mr. Nos!

255 pump, 72lb injectors, Beanman custom center mount, big fmic, HE351cw, heavy P&P, big valves, Stinger Performance PIMP, HKS BOV, Bo Port 2.5 cam, 5-6 drop, Autometer GS gauges, 8.8", Cal-tracs...
muddpawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #107
dangeranger93
"that guy"

hey i like to hear anything people have to say

Bad Decisions

M5OD Rebuild info