Turbo Ranger Forums  

Go Back   Turbo Ranger Forums > Drag Racing > Drag Racing
Googlemap ME
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Award Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #51
nagelandy55

Userid: 30

Ahh that would make sense, you had me worried
2.1 Bo-port Cam
Turbo Rods & Pistons
60# Injectors
PMAS HPX MAF - Blow Through
T3/T04B - Stock dp to 3" Exhaust
T5 Swap with B&M short throw
AEM Water/Meth
nagelandy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:19 AM   #52
flyin
TRF Senior Member

Userid: 9

Also consider that as the length of the wire gets longer the voltage drop will also rise. With a rear mounted battery I would run at least one size larger wire than necessary for the amp rating to correct this.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:48 AM   #53
tumuchNOS
TRF Member

Userid: 779

Might be old, but every car that I've had with the battery in the trunk they just want it to shut the car/fuel pump off. I always wired it to the fuel pump main feed to the relay, and the main starter cable so it shuts off when the tech flips it. Hang it under the bumper on the bracket that comes with most decent switches or make it from aluminum. They like a sticker too, dont sharpie that on-off stuff. I got sent home once because I used a removable key version. Tech said it could fall out, even after he tried to remove it when it was on and couldnt.
tumuchNOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #54
Cutlass327
TRF Senior Member

Userid: 505

I'm picturing somehow mounting the switch up beside that battery, but so that the lever is inside the bed side. Then have the rod run back thru the bed side and out a hole under a tail lamp.

I would have to definitely have a hefty steel box around the battery, just because unless you never use it as a truck, you don't want that spare engine sliding into the battery and smashing it when you are on the way home with it!!

78 CJ5 -> 88 MK7 ECU, 86 5.0 HO EFI, T177/D300, D30/D44, , York OBA, 2.5" lift, 31x10.5 BFG A/T tires.
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:15 AM   #55
BigRed10287
TRF Member

Userid: 1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
.......I would have to definitely have a hefty steel box around the battery, just because unless you never use it as a truck, you don't want that spare engine sliding into the battery and smashing it when you are on the way home with it!!
AGREED!!! But I don't think I'll have to install a battery switch in mine. The tech guys at the local strip are pretty reasonable, and let many of these things slide if its a dedicated street car/truck that's not TOO radical i.e. like 500hp or less with most/full interior. Hell they let a lady friend of mine test out her freshly turbo'd civic when she only had a miniskirt on, told me to loan her my over-shirt to cover up her legs! LOL!
BigRed10287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #56
TURBO Ranger
TRF Senior Member

Userid: 842

I put mine back there, and Im runnin a 0 gauge wire thats about 20 feet long, without a cutoff switch, and Ive been to the track half dozen times on TnT nights with no tech problems. My battery isnt even tied down inside the box, Iv got a metal strap that holds the box in and locks, so it all works out ok, most people think its a water trank cause I ran the cables through heater hose so the hole in the bed wouldt hurt them lol.

460 Big Block Ford Swap here: http://turborangerforums.com/showthread.php?t=6968
TURBO Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote