Turbo Ranger Forums  

Go Back   Turbo Ranger Forums > Tuning and tuners > General Tuning Discussion
Googlemap ME
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Award Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2017, 03:06 PM   #1
Finally1
TRF Member

Userid: 771
Default Fuel pump wiring

Just put together a 89 extended cab truck converted from 2.9 to 2.3 turbo and fuel gauge isnt working and have a new sender but do not history of truck . Ive looked for a diagram for the wiring on the fuel pump but haven't been able to find anything . Anyone know where I can find the info at ? I was even curios if someone knew where the wiring came to when getting to the engine bay ?
Finally1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
AJ_Fritz
TRF Tech Advisor Weld/fab

Userid: 492

should come up the passenger side frame rail. connectors should be under the brake master cyl.

Need to keep your Air Conditioning or dont want to modify your heater box on a 1983-2001 Ranger check here for all the details!

It's the one and only way to turbocharge your Ranger and keep your factory A/C without modifying the heater/AC box and keeping the durability of a factory Ford E6(1986) turbocharger manifold.
AJ_Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:16 AM   #3
motorhead1991
TRF Member

Userid: 3157

IIRC, the fuel sending unit uses one of the handful of plugs just forward of the bulkhead plug. The wire might be yellow/white or red/yellow according to my diagram (which is for the 90, a goofy year).
1990 Ford Ranger (white) - 2WD standard cab, 2.3L Turbo, 4.0 radiator, e-fan conversion, OBD2 swap FLH2, 95 2.3 block, Siemens Deka 60# injectors, IHI turbo @10lbs boost, Saab Viggen intercooler. Estimated 180ish hp

1990 Ford Ranger (blue) - 2WD standard "deluxe", 2.3L N/A, 5 speed
motorhead1991 is offline   Reply With Quote