Turbo Ranger Forums  

Go Back   Turbo Ranger Forums > Under the Hood > Lima Engine builds
Googlemap ME
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Award Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
turbotankshane

Userid: 3439
Default megasquirting a 2.3 turbo ranger

Hey all.

Picked up a 91 ranger with a 88 turbo coupe engine swapped in, on an lb3 ecu. I've got a ms1 coming in the mail.

Anybody have links to a good, thorough, ms install using ms1? I've done my fair share of googling and only come up mostly with the diypnp stuff. Not my first MS setup but my first using ms1 and I want to make sure all the mods needed on the main pcb have been done.
turbotankshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #2
AJ_Fritz
TRF Tech Advisor Weld/fab

Userid: 492

check around here dangerranger93/ jeff simpson did one.

Need to keep your Air Conditioning or dont want to modify your heater box on a 1983-2001 Ranger check here for all the details!

It's the one and only way to turbocharge your Ranger and keep your factory A/C without modifying the heater/AC box and keeping the durability of a factory Ford E6(1986) turbocharger manifold.
AJ_Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #3
AJ_Fritz
TRF Tech Advisor Weld/fab

Userid: 492

http://www.turborangerforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Need to keep your Air Conditioning or dont want to modify your heater box on a 1983-2001 Ranger check here for all the details!

It's the one and only way to turbocharge your Ranger and keep your factory A/C without modifying the heater/AC box and keeping the durability of a factory Ford E6(1986) turbocharger manifold.
AJ_Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:17 AM   #4
dangeranger93
"that guy"

Userid: 709

I've done MS2 and microsquirt. I recommend microsquirt for 90% of applications, its cheap and assembled so no confusing wiring or any of the stuff that used to make megasquirt complicated. My MS2 worked but I have similar money into a microsquirt setup and way less headaches and no assembly required.
I know none of that helps as you have already bought the MS1 so just follow the manuals, or if its new return it and get a microsquirt and follow my write up

93 Ranger: Parted out
Never Ending Project Part 1

01 Ranger: Build in progress
Never Ending Project Part 2

91 ranger: First ever Duratec 4x4, N/A 2.5 for now, Tube frame, homebuilt 4x4 transmission, Microsquirt with slot maf, D30 SAS, explorer 8.8, 33's
Bad Decisions

How to Microsquirt a Duratec or Lima PICS UPDATED
M5OD Rebuild info
Wiring Diagrams PICS UPDATED

I can build Log manifolds for Limas and Duratecs pm if interested, Also working on some Duratec parts PM as well
dangeranger93 is offline   Reply With Quote